Sunday, July 30, 2017

4 Ocean for the Ocean

I recently discovered a company called 4Ocean. The company is dedicated to cleaning up the ocean, and they sell bracelets made of 100% recycled materials. "The 4Ocean bracelet is made from 100% recycled materials. The exact material used to make the cord is called RPET (recycled polyethylene terephthalate, also known as recycled water bottles) and the beads are made from recycled glass bottles. The 4Ocean charm that is attached to the bracelet is made from stainless steel" (4Ocean). Click here for more info on the bracelet. 

I think it's awesome because with every purchase of a bracelet, 4Ocean promises to remove one pound of trash from the ocean. Yes, I know there are always those people (myself included) who think, "Oh, what will that do to help?" But once you get the word out and people become aware of the situation and the cause, it can grow from there. You have to start somewhere. Damage in the ocean is human-caused, and it is only right for us to fix it. 


I bought my original royal blue bracelet a couple of weeks ago, and then the shark conservation bracelet just recently (just in time for shark week). As far as I know, there are a few other different colored bracelets--earth day (green), world ocean's day (turquoise), and another with white beads that I am not sure about. 

The bracelets cost $20 each, plus shipping, but they also are insured for one year after the purchase date, so if your bracelet gets damaged in anyway, they will replace it for free. :)

Help save our oceans!

No comments: