Monday, June 19, 2017

Recent Reads

So this Summer I have challenged myself to read and to re-read as many books as I can. And since I will be on the beach this week, it's perfect for beach reads. (This is a scheduled post.)

Image result for love the one you re with emily giffin
I finished this book this morning... It took me about a week to read because I had to work all the while inbetween reading. Overall, it was an okay book. I love how Giffin always jumps right into the action of her storyline. I am not going to lie, I do like Richard more than I like Ben. I feel like we got to know him a lot better than we did Ben, so naturally, it made me like Richard for her. Maybe because Richard's lifestyle is more appeasing to me and I'm being biased towards the character of Claudia and Ben. I DO LOVE how Ethan is in this book! BTW... @EmilyGiffin, I'm still waiting for Something Blue as a movie so I can watch John Krasinski and Kate Hudson.

Image result for love the one you re with emily giffin cover
UGH. Okay I was honestly torn between Andy and Leo. Maybe because I love a story line like this. The one that got away. I don't know why this book doesn't get good reviews. I loved it!!! This book was by far one of my favorite books by her! SPOILER ALERT: She ends up with Andy.

I think the number one complaint I hear about Giffin's books is that the ending isn't what they wanted. They are not all happy and stuff. I for one, particularly like her endings in the ones I have read so far. It's realistic.

*** I read Something Borrowed Years ago, and I am currently going to read Something Blue on  my vacation that I am currently on, so I will write their reviews on a post together sometime after I finish. ****




No comments: